About Roze Werkt (formerly Gay UWV Pride):
UWV works for and with people, providing service without distinction of race, creed, gender or sexual orientation. We are a reflection of society, in fact we are that society.
We expect our employees and managers to be aware of the differences between people and to have an open mind for them. We want our LGBT employees as well as our customers to feel safe with us, respected and valued for who and what they are. UWV encourages this along with the pink network Roze Werkt. In short, UWV and its pink network stand for respect and tolerance and fight oppression, harassment and intolerance towards all LGBT employees and customers of UWV.
Roze Werkt was founded in 2009 and has about 200 members and sympathizers.
• Creating awareness and acceptance of LGBT colleagues with UWV employees through brochures, newsletters, intranet site and Yammer.
• Working closely together with other UWV diversity networks.
• Workshops for other diversity networks and at introduction day for new employees.
• For three years UWV participated in the Amsterdam Canal Parade on the Workplace Pride boat.
• In 2012 UWV was the first organization to sign the ‘Declaration of Amsterdam’ along with 10 others.
• Roze Werkt is a member of the Dutch Government Pride Platform.
• Network members participated in the organization of the Onshore program during the Amsterdam Gay Pride and are part of the campaign teams of the ‘I can be myself @ Work’ and Young@Work.
• A Roze Werkt boardmember was responsible for the photography at several Workplace Pride events for three years.
• Roze Werkt won the Workplace Pride Leadership Award 2013 for most engaged network and Ben Ehlting won the 2014 award for most active volunteer.
For more information about Roze Werkt please contact us through email@example.com