February 9, 2016
February 3, 2016
The Workplace Pride International Conference has become one of Europe’s premier conferences on LGBT workplace inclusion.
With 2016 marking the 10th anniversary of the Foundation’s activities, the Conference theme “New Horizons for LGBT Workplace Inclusion: 10 Years of Progress and Pride” reflects upon past lessons and challenges, but focuses mainly on the future and the journey ahead.
Call for Workshops
Recognizing the breadth of knowledge among both organizations and with individuals, the 2016 International Conference is accepting proposals for workshops to accompany the plenary program.
Workplace Pride Members and other interested parties are invited to submit workshop proposals answering questions such as:
• What priorities need to be established, both organizationally and on a personal level, to make real progress with LGBT workplace inclusion?
• Given the ongoing evolution of LGBT workplace inclusion, are all of our communities equally represented? If not, what steps need to be taken?
• How should people and organizations reach out to and include their colleagues working in countries without basic LGBT rights?
• What should employees expect from your employers reading LGBT inclusion on a domestic as well as an international level? Is your organization living up to your expectations?
• Is it time to bridge the gap between corporate involvement and political engagement around the world regarding Diversity in general, but LGBT workplace inclusion specifically?
• Are we empowering our LGBT employee resource groups enough to help them make a difference in the business? Are we giving them the right tools to create a change?
Workshop proposals should include the following information:
• Maximum one-page description about the relevance, motivation and goals of the workshop
• Structure of the workshop (e.g. panels, talks, participants, invited speakers): preference will be given to inter-active workshops
Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop proposal deadlines
• March 1, 2016: Workshop proposal submissions
• March 15, 2016: Notification of workshop acceptance
• Friday July 29, 2016
• 09:00 – 17:00
• Beurs van Berlage, Damrak 243, 1012 ZJ Amsterdam
As the Conference coincides with EuroPride Amsterdam, we urge you to make your hotel reservations soon. The Beurs van Berlage Hotelservice is the official housing agent for the Conference. Please click here for more information.
The Hotelservice has arranged special room rates at different hotels, all conveniently located within close walking distance of the venue.
More information about the program will be available soon.For now, please save July 29, 2016 in your calendar!
If you would like to be notified when the Conference is open for registration: click here